Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Records at Footnote.com

I'm really excited to see these new records at footnote.com...
The Guion Miller Roll Applications (NARA microfilm M1104, footnote.com calls this the "Eastern Cherokee Applications") has just been released and is slowly being added (the index and additional documentation is already complete, footnote.com calls this the "Guion Miller Roll"). Back in October or November I realized these applications were probably the source for much of the Patterson family information I had seen but been unable to verify. After living within a short distance of NARA for over 3 years I went downtown and broke through my biggest brickwall. I had given up finiding direct documentation by that point so I was almost overwhelmed when there it was in black and white in front of me. At the same time I felt very silly for practically sitting on this information for 3 years. These applications have provided documentation for other brickwalls (and built onto at least one) so I'm thrilled at the possibility of being able to search them electronically. Who knows what else I will find in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment