Tuesday, April 14, 2009

D.W. Miller Tombstone


This is the headstone of my 3rd great-grandparents Dennis W. Miller and Mary E. (Brown) Miller. As you can probably guess, Mary outlived D.W. She should have a death certificate but I have been unable to locate it. According to her obituary she died in January 1927.
Last week I blogged about my 5th great-grandfather Miller's tombstone and this week it's my 3rd great-grandfather. I don't know where my 4th great-grandfather Miller is buried (Dennis Miller). Like his grandfather, D.W. is buried in Miller Cemetery. Since David's tombstone is new, it is possible neither he nor Dennis are buried in Miller Cemetery, or both may be buried there in unmarked graves. The cemetery is not very large and it is difficult to tell if there are any locations which could be the graves of David and Dennis Miller.
(by-the-way, it is only my direct line that has so many "D" Millers, the other children don't have "D" names)

1 comment:

  1. Trying to track down info on my family history. J. W. Miller & Ellie M. Miller buried in Miller's graveyard in Gordon county are my great grandparents. Are you also a decendant and do you have info on them and possible other members of the family buried there? My great Aunt Jennie is also buried in this cemetary and the story goes that she died at a very young age 26 or 27. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joan Coleman 3colemans@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete