Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mid-week Mayhem

This whole week feels like mayhem to me so I'm going to forgo the tale of one of my misbehaving ancestors and share a little of what is creating my mayhem.
Mainly it's my volunteer work with the local genealogical society (Fairfax Genealogical Society). We have just completed our annual Spring Conference. This was the first year we held it over two days and it went quite well. We're a bit behind on our speaker selections for next year and we need to nail all of the details down so we can advertise. This weekend several members are attending the MAGS Conference and we're hoping they can take some flyers about next year's programs but we have to get them done first!
Next week is the annual Genealogy Fair at the National Archives in D.C. We'll have a table there with assorted information about our programs next year. If you're in the D.C. area, this is a free event. This is the first year they're holding it over two days.
Hopefully everyone already knows about the NGS Conference in the States coming up in May in Raleigh, NC. My husband and I are both really looking forward to this. We always enjoy the national conferences but we lived in Raleigh prior to moving here and are looking forward to the chance to see some friends we haven't seen in four years!
Preparing materials for all these events always keeps me busy this time of year. Unfortunately I'm just a little farther behind than in the past.