Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Old Photos

This photo is actually one of many negatives I have from my great grandmother Patterson's house. For years I have wanted to get prints made but wanted to be sure I found someone I could trust with my precious negatives (I did find someone several years ago but then we moved and I just haven't had the heart to start over). A few days ago I decided to try scanning negatives and after a little trial and error here is a sample of the results!

This is a photo of my great grandparents (Thomas Edward and Ethel Irene (Miller) Patterson) and their two children, my grandfather and great-aunt. I am guessing this photo was taken when my grandfather was leaving for the Army. He turned 18 on D-Day so his WWII service took him all the way to the exotic locale of New Jersey (pretty far for a Georgia farm-boy).

This photo was supposedly taken in Resaca, GA at the family home.

UPDATE: My great-aunt (the little girl pictured) has provided some
Posted by Picasa
more details about this picture. The photo was taken on a Sunday afternoon when my grandfather was home from basic training at Fort Bragg, NC. He went on to Fort Dix, NJ and almost went off to war from there. My great-aunt says she is sure her brother fixed her hair and tied her sash before they went to church that morning.

The car they are standing in front of is their "old Dodge" and the location is Resaca, GA. This house was actually owned by Miss Lulie Pitts of Calhoun, GA. The family lived there for a while. Today, the site is at the rest area off I-75 in Resaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment