Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Desiderio 50th Wedding Anniversary

This is a picture of my husband's paternal great-grandparents on their 5oth wedding anniversary. A cousin that I found through research told me who and what the photo was. This copy appears in a photo album that belonged to my husband's (paternal) grandmother, these would have been her in-laws.

Raphael and Michela (nee Giordano) Desiderio were probably married in Italy. I have not found any information on their marriage but their first know child was born abt 1893 in Italy. Before the family came to the U.S. they resided in Scafati, Italy. A town immediately east of ancient Pompeii. Unfortunately I have not been able to find anyone that knows about their lives in Italy or any records for Scafati that are available online or in the U.S.

The Desiderio family settled in Branford, CT and that is probably where this photo was taken circa 1941. Michela died in 1949 and Ralph in 1952.